Friday, January 12, 2007

The adventure of Now

 
Past and future sometimes seem to compete to control us.  We can be controlled by regrets for the things we shouldn't have done or the things we wish we'd done.  We also can be held by wishes or fears about what may lie ahead.   I think the adventure of life lies in the millions of "Nows" that we have.  Through forgivness we can be liberated from past sin.  Through faith the future has been secured for us.  That means that right now we can set our minds and hearts on the Lord and enjoy His company.  This is perhaps the greatest adventure of life.
 
2 Corinthians 6:2
For he says,    "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.
 
blessings,
 
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment