Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Answers and questions

Why is it that we feel like we need to have all the answers?  Ever since grade school we've measured ourselves with how much we know.  We look at successful people and admire their expertise and we look at accomplished professionals in medicine, music and business and are impressed with all they know and do.  Sometimes we look inward and have a profound sense of insecurity as we realize how little we really understand of life.  But you know, that's o.k.  I don't think we were created to have all the answers, or to be on top of it all.  I believe we were created to have all the questions, to wonder at it all.  Most of us have realized, as we have gotten older, that we really understand very little.  I'm always thrilled when I'm in a Bible study or Sunday School class that has older (even elderly) folks who still hunger for truth and still have questions.  The Lord must love it when we come to HIm with our "Why's", our "How comes" or when we just sit before Him and go "Wow"!
 
Psalm 27:4
           One thing I have desired of the LORD,
         That will I seek:
         That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
         All the days of my life,
         To behold the beauty of the LORD,
         And to inquire in His temple.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment