Monday, January 22, 2007

The big screen

I spend much of my day looking at a screen.  My work largely centers around the use of a computer and I enjoy T.V. and an occasional movie in the theater.  Much of my knowledge of news comes online and I communicate with friends, family and clients by email.  We hear a lot about high definition T.V., big screens and flat screens.  We now can choose from hundreds of television channels and an infinite source of websites.  We were cautioned in church, yesterday, not to let television dominant our minds.  It's easy to see how these screens we watch can do that because they are so much a part of our lives.  This past Friday I was reminded of what high definition on the big screen really is.  My wife and I drove out to the country to borrow a friend's pickup truck for weekend errands.  When we stepped out of the car we were first struck by the darkness that engulfed us and then our eyes were drawn up to a crystal clear night sky, where countless stars and familiar constellations sparkled as diamonds.  The beauty was stunning.  I was reminded that the biggest screen with the highest definition is still very accessible.
 
Matt 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.
 
Don't miss the big show.  Keep looking up!
 
blessings,
 
Rob Smith
 

No comments:

Post a Comment