Monday, January 8, 2007

A flag needs wind

Walking past the public school near my home I spotted the flagpole the other day.  The U.S. flag was there but because there was no breeze, it hung limply.  If I had not known from experience that the U.S. flag always flew there, I would not have been able to tell what country was represented by the flag.  The thought occurred to me that we are like flags for the Lord.  As we allow Him to blow over and through us, by the Holy wind or Holy Spirit our flag stands out crisply and our heavenly identity is displayed.  I think Daniel of the Old Testament was a person like this.  Here is a verse:
 
Daniel 5:11 "There is a man in your kingdom who has the spirit of the holy gods in him."
 
Because Daniel lived whole heartedly for the Lord, the Lord shown through him and the king knew where to turn when he needed serious help.
 
Blessings,
 
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment