Saturday, January 13, 2007

Great and small

Last night I was looking at a website our county has.  It allows you to view the entire county from an aerial photograph.  You can move across the map on the screen and then zoom in.  I found our end of the county and saw forests and reservoirs and a few large buildings.  Then I zoomed in progressively on our neighborhood, street and home.  I kept moving in until I could make out our rooftop and driveway.  I could actually see windows and doors.  This morning the thought occurred to me that our Lord functions on these different levels all the time.  He is the God of planets and stars, Lord of tides and seasons, sovereign over nations and tribes and He even knows my name.  I know that He can "zoom in" on the smallest cell in my body and touch it, if He wants to. 
 
He sees it all, great and small, and He knows and cares for each one of us, personally.
 
Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;  25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;  26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
 
 
blessings,
 
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment