Saturday, January 27, 2007

Hanging out with Jesus

We like to use the phrase "hanging out" to describe what we do when we spend relaxed, unstructured time with comfortable friends.  There's just something about being with these people that makes "hanging out" more important than what we do when we're together.  This morning it occurred to me that I'm going to spend all of eternity with the Lord.  I'm probably going to spend, at most, a few decades attached to this planet.  I was encouraged to spend more time now "hanging out" with Jesus.  Maybe He won't always say a lot and maybe I won't always say a lot, but I'm comfortable just being with Him.  I think if we become friends here, we'll enjoy eternity all the more.
 
John 15:15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
 
 
blessings,
 
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment