Friday, January 5, 2007

Right and Wrong

As I was reading in Hebrews this morning I was struck by Chapter 1:9 "You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy."

Many qualities of Jesus are identified in Hebrews (Heir of all things, through Whom He created the worlds, the sole expression of the Glory of God), but for some reason I was especially attracted to the lover of righteousness and hater of wickedness. I think there is some part of us that longs to be in alignment with all that is right and true. We seem to live in a world of "gray" where right and wrong are defined by the opinions of men. This morning I was reminded that we live in the midst of a battleground of eternal truth vs. deception. I am glad that when we look on Jesus we are "realigned" to truth and we can be equipped to disarm deception.

No comments:

Post a Comment