Friday, January 26, 2007

Signs of End Times

Last night I became aware of an unusual sign that the end times are coming. 
 
I was in a shoe store having my feet measured.  The sales person was challenged to find a good fit because of a bunion on one foot and the fact that my feet have become pretty "flat" over the years.  You know, I don't have a clue when Jesus is going to return, specifically, and I really don't know if the four horsemen of the apocalypse are about to ride over the horizon...but as my feet go flat, my hair turns gray, my children are having children, and I have to think twice about whether to order a hamburger because of the health impact...I'm starting to get a clue that I'm approaching my own "end time".  I think there's a good chance that I'll go to Jesus before He comes to us.  That's o.k.  In fact it's kind of exciting to think that, one way or another Jesus lies just around the bend....face to face.
 
Psalm 39:4 Show me, O LORD, my life's end
                  and the number of my days; 
                  let me know how fleeting is my life.
 
Psalm 90:12  Teach us to number our days aright,
                     that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
 
 
blessings,
 
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment