Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Diamonds in the grass

This morning is extremely cold.  I put several layers of clothing on before heading out on a walk.  I wondered what the Lord might show me in such frigid conditions.  Still the sky was clear and the early dawn horizon glowed orange with the coming sun.  As I headed out a familiar country road I spotted hundreds of sparkling jewels nestled in the grass by the roadside.  As brilliant as any diamond and probably larger than the one I gave my wife years ago they were as attractive as any jeweler's showcase.  But then I realized that they were far more precious than diamonds.  Their great beauty was fleeting as they were created by intense cold, only visible under the moonlight and doomed to destruction by the soon-arriving sun.  Of course they were ice crystals.  I thanked the Lord for showering me with jewels of such rare beauty.  It takes centuries to make a real diamond and that's a wonder but an equal wonder are the diamonds He creates for our pleasure each day!
 
Job 37:10 The breath of God produces ice, and the broad waters become frozen.
 
blessings,
 
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment