Thursday, February 1, 2007

Light means color

I slept in today, but the past two days I had a chance to watch the night turn to day, as the dawn came.  I noticed that as the sun approaches, light gradually creeps up and transforms night to day in a more subtle way than I ever realized before.  I saw the black night sky above me become a deep blue, while on the horizon an orange glow heralded the sun's arrival.  The realization came that with light also comes color.  The black void of night breaks into a festival as light from the sun brings to life all the greens, yellows, reds (not to mention the mauves and chartreuses).  When the light of the Lord comes to our lives, He doesn't just chase darkness away, He brings joy, purpose, freedom, and life takes on color.
 
Genesis 1:4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness.
 
blessings,
 
Rob Smith
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment