Saturday, February 24, 2007

Vapor trails for God

This morning, as I walked under a gorgeous new sky, I could see that many people were up long before I and were flying various places, north and south.  I could see the vapor trails of the jets they were aboard, as they were tracing a path way up there.  The planes, themselves, were barely visible.  The jets looked no larger than pin heads and I don't think I'd have spotted them if it weren't for the trails of condensed exhaust gases stretching out miles behind.  I thought of us as individuals, tracing our lives across our days, headed for many destinations.  You might say that our lives are most visible for the effect we have on our world and our involvement in the lives of others.  In a sense, we leave a vapor trail as the product of our hearts and minds, as we live.  Those "vapor trails" from our lives can stretch past us for quite a distance...perhaps even across generations!
 
Jeremiah 32:19 You are great in counsel and mighty in work, for Your eyes are open to all the ways of the sons of men, to give everyone according to his ways and according to the fruit of his doings.
 
blessings,
 
Rob Smith

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment