Sunday, March 4, 2007

Circumstantial evidence

Yesterday I was thinking about the word "circumstances".  I'm not a language expert but I can see the little word "circle" or "circumference"  and the word "standing" contained in there.  It hit me that circumstances are things that 'stand around' us.  The problem arises when the things that are standing around us start to control what's inside of us.  I realized that circumstances don't have to drive my life unless I let them.  My inner person is where the life takes place and where the attitudes toward circumstances are formed.  It's liberating to consider life set free from control by circumstances.  I need to stop standing around and letting the things that stand around me control my joy and frame my life!
 
Ephesians 3:16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man
 
blessings,
 
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment