Saturday, June 23, 2007

Expectant faith

It occurred to me today that I should expect to see God show up in my life.  After all...He did plant me here...He did break into my understanding and help me to see my need for Him.  Too often I come to Him and try to fit Him into my agenda...heal my sickness...give me the better job...bring me the wife and kids...take away the stress, the mess and help me to impress.  Too often, if I'm honest, I'm still the center and He is in orbit around my life.  What if I got really still and admitted that He may have plans that I'm not even aware of.  I wonder if I'm looking to find His plans....to find the people He wants me to connect with....to use the gifts He's invested in me.  Mystery of mystery...can I find HIs purposes for me...the ones He thought up eons ago when He mapped out the universe? 
 
It occurred to me today that if I get real quiet and draw real close to my Lord, I should expect to hear His whisper.  If I settle...get still...I should expect to feel His nudge in the right direction.  If I look around I should expect to see people He brings into my life that He wants to reach through me. 
 
Too often I have defined faith as the expectation of God doing what I want done.  Today I will start to expect God to do things that I haven't been expecting and I will still call it Faith !!
 

 1 Corinthians 2:9

    However, as it is written:
   "No eye has seen,
      no ear has heard,
   no mind has conceived
   what God has prepared for those who love him"

blessings in your faith adventure,
Rob Smith
 

No comments:

Post a Comment