Saturday, August 11, 2007

Forgotten goals

 
This morning I went for a walk over to the new high school.  It's very impressive.  I even sneaked inside for a peak until someone asked me to leave!  On the way to the school I passed a number of beautiful athletic fields: soccer, football, baseball, track and tennis.  On the way back I passed a spot where old soccer goals had been dumped.  They were upside down and twisted...kind of a cemetery for soccer goals that were no longer wanted.  It made me think about forgotten goals in our own lives and how we sometimes head in one direction to achieve a goal, only to be redirected in a surprising way.  I suppose that's how it's meant to be...we set out in the best direction we can, not knowing the future and really not knowing what's absolutely best.  On our way the Lord brings people, circumstances and the consequences of our actions to guide us toward the goals He has in mind.  So, when we look back at our lives we may remember forgotten goals as we see the goals God had in mind are in place at the ends of the field.
 
Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment