Friday, September 21, 2007

Connections

We had to buy a dishwasher with our new house, even though it wasn't the one we wanted (don't ask me to explain).  Anyhow, our construction supervisor helped explain to me how we can disconnect the one that was installed so we can install the one we want.  It turns out that most of the connections are easy to remove with a few twists of a screwdriver.  When it gets to the actual electrical power hookup, however, we have to remove a small aluminum box and do a little more work because the dishwasher was "hard-wired" to the electrical power to ensure a strong connection.  I realized that there are all kinds of connections in construction...some are temporary or easy to hook up or disconnect.  These are temporary links or ones that may need periodic repair.  The "hard wire" type are more enduring.  Then it occurred to me that I really want to be "hard wired" to the Lord.   None of this quick-disconnect stuff.  I know from the Lord's point of view, we're linked tight for eternity.  But from my end of things I can tend to try to pull out of the connection or wiggle away at times.  Let's have no more of that!  We're going to seek to have such a hard-wired connection that it will be hard to see where the wires actually come together.  There really is no other power source worth plugging into.
 
2 Samuel 22:33 God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment