Saturday, September 22, 2007

Heavenly address

 
This past Thursday Shirley and I closed on our new house...Any of you who have bought a house are familiar with the reams of forms that must be signed.  As the lady handling the settlement said, the sellers and mortgage companies leave no room for lawsuits.  I think they just wear you down by signing your name so many times that you just want to get out of there and think about anything but mortgages, settlement costs and all the details that are beyond comprehension in buying a home.  We ended up with a package of papers almost an inch thick!  Where do they file all those forms?  Are there really some kind of auditors that wade through those documents for some reason?  Anyhow, it made me realize that I'm so glad I have a heavenly address waiting for me, one day.  I just can't imagine getting to heaven and having an angel say, "Welcome to your heavenly rest.  Your mansion is ready for you...please just sign here, and here, and here..."  I'm also glad that there will be no mortgage on the heavenly home.  It's good to know it's all been paid for by a Jewish carpenter a few thousand years ago.
 
John 14:2-3 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
 
blessings to heavenly neighbors,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment