Monday, September 10, 2007

walking through a cloud

 
It's all in your point of view.  This morning I was pleased to get out for an early walk, hoping to connect with Jesus for a few minutes.  But as I stepped out to the front porch, I saw that fog had settled in and I wasn't going to get any inspiration from a clear sky or a rising sun.  As I trudged throught the moist air and I reflected on the conditions I remembered that fog is nothing more than a cloud that's settled on the ground.  I remembered thinking during airplane flights about what it would be like to float or walk on a cloud, perhaps like an angel, because clouds are of the sky and the sky is close to heaven.  Then I realized that God had blessed me today because I can't fly to the clouds yet or walk in the sky...so he brought a piece of sky down so I could walk through a cloud on earth.  So, there you have it...you can look at walking in a fog as a metaphor for dullness or being lost...or, you can choose to trod on a piece of heavenly real estate that our Lord has lowered from heaven, like a spiritual carpet.
 
Revelation 10:1 I saw still another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud. And a rainbow was on his head, his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire.


blessings,

Rob Smith

http://2daysthought.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment