Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Got Peace?

Today, while out for a stroll at lunch, I realized that I wasn't currently worried about anything.  At first the thought startled me and I thought to myself that this couldn't be.  How can anyone function without something to worry about.  Then I remembered that having perfect peace was why Jesus came.  I think we're so used to stressing about something that we don't allow ourselves to be at peace.  Sunday, during the praise and worship time, I was singing in the choir in the second service.  I always enjoy the songs but, all of a sudden I realized that there was no reason I couldn't be totally happy and really embrace the message of the music.  Isn't it great that, without reservation, we can accept and dwell within the peace of our Lord.  Truly the picture of a pond without a ripple seems to capture the sense of a heart at rest.
 
Hebrews 4:8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
 
blessings and peace,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment