Monday, October 1, 2007

We fly with our father

 
Man has tried for thousands of years to fly...we really envy the freedom of the birds.  I guess we finally gave up trying to power ourselves and settled for mechanical contraptions that do the flying for us.  But tonight I saw something that reminded me that we can still fly...we just need a little help.  I was watching my grandson, Peter, soar through his kitchen on the arms of his Dad and the thought arose that all of us can fly above the limits of our fleshy land-anchored bodies with the help of our heavenly father.  Just like Petey we can lift our arms and let our loving Lord hold us, carry us, and send us, almost weightless, through the day.
 
Deuteronomy 32:11 As an eagle stirs up its nest,
      Hovers over its young,
      Spreading out its wings, taking them up,
      Carrying them on its wings,

     12 So the LORD alone led him,

Blessings,

Rob Smith

http://2daysthought.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment