Friday, November 23, 2007

Assisted Living

 
Today was the day after Thanksgiving.  Few people were working, but I was among them.  As I turned into the business center where I work, the parking lots were mostly empty as the vacant offices testified to folks enjoying family and holiday shopping.  Then I passed an Assisted Living center located near my office.  The lot was full of cars, as usual, and I realized that these folks were there because they were "home" or were providing services for the residents who lived there.  I thought about the term "Assisted Living" and considered the various kinds of senior centers that are available these days.  But then I realized that I actually require "Assisted Living" myself.  From every heartbeat and breath to an autoimmune system that mostly works...to eyes that see and a brain that sometimes thinks and more importantly to obtain the help I need every moment of every day...I require a big Assist.  I'm especially grateful for the One who assisted me to a new life and a new heavenly family.  Jesus gives us the big Assist.  He assists us to reach Heaven and He assists us each day.  He's like the best Assisted Living Center ever created.  I'm glad I've checked in to this wonderful service.  Thinking of another kind of contemporary assistance, I'm glad He provides truly Long Term Care!
 
Hebrews 9:27-28 Everyone has to die once, then face the consequences. Christ's death was also a one-time event, but it was a sacrifice that took care of sins forever. And so, when he next appears, the outcome for those eager to greet him is, precisely, salvation.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment