Thursday, November 22, 2007

Earth and Heaven

As I was raking leaves earlier today and feeling "thankful" for so many blessings this Thanksgiving day my thoughts turned to gratitude for our new home.  Then I looked up to the gorgeous blue sky above and I realized that no one owns the sky above my property.  In a sense, our house and land represent a place we live on the surface of the planet, but I suppose you could project the boundaries of our place all the way up to outer space and say that no one else has a claim on that area.  Then I realized that our lives are just the same.  We live briefly on the surface of the planet, but we have rights to Heaven above as well.  It's good to expand our vision of the place we dwell to include heaven, itself.  After all, when we invited Jesus to come into our hearts we became citizens of Heaven.  Maybe it's a truer picture to say that we live in Heaven but temporarily occupy a small square on the ground level. 
 
Philippians 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.
 
Blessings to you'all as we give thanks for earth and heaven!
 
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment