Friday, January 11, 2008

gate and shepherd

John 10: 9 "I  am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture."
John 10:2 2 "The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep."  
John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
 
Some people have a problem understanding the trinity and how God could be Father, Son and Holy Ghost and still be one.  Well, if you think that's tough, Jesus told us that He was the gate the shepherd uses to tend the sheep and He was also the shepherd at the same time.  But that's ok because in Jesus we have the one who also said:  "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)  He is the means and the end, the journey and the destination, our bread of life and our spring of water.  I suppose these kinds of all-encompassing descriptions remind us that Jesus is our all in all.  He's the ticket and the train ride (better and longer lasting than a season pass at Busch Gardens).
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment