Thursday, January 10, 2008

Who wrote the book of love?

For some reason this morning the old 50's song "Who wrote the book of love" jumped into my head.  It was written by the "Monotones" and made it all the way to #5 on the pop charts in 1958.  The author was inspired by the word "wonder" in the old toothpaste commercial "You'll wonder where the yellow went, when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent".  It's amazing to here these stories of success.  Anyhow, there is greatness in the lyrics:  Here's how it starts:
 
"I wonder wonder who, oouu who
Who wrote the book of love

Tell me, tell me, tell me
Oh who wrote the book of love

I've got to know the answer
Was it someone from above"

One of the great questions of all time...who did write the book of love...we all sure enjoy love...we all sure long for love...we all sure need love.  It's a good thing to go in search of the author of love.

I, I love you darlin'
Baby you know I do
But I've got to see this book of love
Find out why it's true

It all starts with a strong desire to go beyond the experience of life to meet the maker of it all!

Chorus:

Chapter one says the lover
You lover her with all your heart

Chapter two you tell her
You never, never, never, never, ever wanna part

In chapter three remember
The meaning of romance

In chapter four you break up
But you give her just one more chance

I guess that just about sums up the gospel according to the Monotones.  The one who wrote the "book of love" loves in a great way:  He loves with all his heart.   He is just never going to depart.  His faithfulness and mysterious ways define real romance.  Even though we fall away from Him...it's in the nature of His love to keep giving us one more chance.
 
Baby, baby, baby
I love you yes I do
Well it says so in this book of love
Are’s is the one that's true


Yeah, I guess the wonder is over.  It just has to be the one and only one whose love is really true.  We find Him in the Book of Love and He'll sing to you too!

I, wonder who, (Yeah) who wrote the book of love
 
Hebrews 5:9 "And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him"
 
blessings (aren't you glad we have the book of love?)
Rob Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment