Thursday, February 21, 2008

birds stay warm

I was wondering this chilly morning how the birds I heard singing out around me were able to stay warm in the winter.  They certainly have small bodies and don't have much fat (or fur) and they live outside.  It turns out that the feathers serve as a blanket and the bird has special muscles that allow it to "fluff" the feathers.  Even a small bird has a thousand or more feathers.  This creates air spaces that serve as insulation, like a down jacket.  So the Creator designed the bird with amazing efficiency.  The same feathers that allow the bird to fly keep him warm.  I'm reminded that God's design is perfect and efficient.  There isn't any aspect of life He hasn't prepared us for.  But I suppose it's good to remember that He designed us to hold His presence in our hearts so that we might be warmed and also fly with Him.
 
Psalm 55:6 So I said, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.
 
warm blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment