Wednesday, February 20, 2008

brisk or frozen

On my walk this morning I experienced a cold Virginia morning.  It wouldn't be so cold for Michigan or Massachusetts or Maine but 29 degrees means below freezing and that's cold for Virginia.  But the air felt good and it occurred to me that this kind of temperature can be seen one of two ways: uncomfortable and unpleasant or brisk and energizing.  On the positive side, the bracing air was a good wakeup feeling and encouraged a fast walking pace.  My thoughts and desire to pray were stimulated.  It was a positive experience.  But if I weren't prepared for the cold, it would have been very unpleasant and my thoughts would have only been about escaping the cold as soon as possible.
 
If we prepare for unpleasant conditions, we can walk through them and benefit despite them.
 
Job 38:29 From whose womb comes the ice?
      And the frost of heaven, who gives it birth?
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment