Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Forget and Remember

Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
 
2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel,
 
Each morning I take my keys and wallet from my dresser top and put them in my pocket.  I can't go anywhere without my car keys, I can't prove who I am without my driver's license, and I can't buy gas or lunch without my debit card.  I need to remember these essentials to cope each day.  We need to forget and remember some important things when it comes to the Lord.  We need to forget the past where we may have stumbled and we need to remember the one who picked us up and who, HImself, was picked up from the dead to lead us to eternity.  I need to remember to take Jesus with me, just as I take my keys and wallet, every day.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment