Tuesday, March 25, 2008

at the cross

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
 
When Jesus came, He identified with us.  He was fully God and fully man.  He cried, laughed, experienced hunger and endured severe temptation (without capitulating to sin of course). 
 
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
 
As Jesus has identified with us, He has also granted us the honor of identifying with Him.  We can relate to Calvary not only as an observer from the foot of the Cross, or as one reading about it centuries later, but as a participant...crucified with Him.  Unless we have joined Him on the Cross we can not be raised with Him to new life.  Good Friday and Easter have taken on new significance as I see that it is possible, even essential, to go beyond knowing the story to living it.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment