Sunday, March 16, 2008

Some work required

On the way home from church today I spied a used car by the roadside.  That's not unusual, but the handpainted sign caught me eye.  The old car, some kind of 25 year-old, bright red American sedan looked very ordinary.  The large plywood sign leaned up against the front bumper and proclaimed to passing traffic: "Work Required.  Call after 5 p.m."  My thought was, who in the world would want to buy such an old, ordinary car even if "No Work was Required"!  But then the analogy to my own life struck home.  I'm an ordinary American model that is well over 25 years old.  I am aware that there is a whole lot of work required yet in my life.  I am so glad that Jesus stopped by the roadside and bought me.  I'm one of His long term projects and I'm forever grateful that He specializes in repairing ordinary models.
 
2 Chronicles 24: 11-12 (Message version)  The king and Jehoiada gave the money to the managers of The Temple project; they in turn paid the masons and carpenters for the repair work on The Temple of God. The construction workers kept at their jobs steadily until the restoration was complete—the house of God as good as new!
 
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment