Saturday, March 1, 2008

a wasted kiss

A kiss is an opportunity that should be carefully handled.  Yesterday I was having a cup of coffee at work.  I spotted a Hershey's kiss and decided to try to flavor my coffee by dropping the kiss in (thinking it would melt and dissolve into the coffee).  I drained the coffee only to find the kiss was still intact (softened but not absorbed by the drink).  Extricating the kiss became a delicate and somewhat sloppy process.  A kiss shouldn't be wasted...but that is just what I did.  But I'll try to take care to kiss the Son, as Psalm 2 describes, because we are blessed who trust in Him.
 
Psalm 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest He be angry,
         And you perish in the way,
         When His wrath is kindled but a little.
         Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment