Monday, April 21, 2008

drawn to scale

Spring is, of course, lovely.  Every aspect seems optimistic (well, maybe with the exception of sinus choking pollen), from the pleasing light green of new leaves to the dogwood blossoms that seem to float on their delicate branches.  Of course, milder temperatures and longer days add to the positive feel of the season.  As I considered spring the other day on the way to work it struck me how one proof of the Creator is that we live in a world "drawn to scale".  It seems that all the living things around me are just the right proportion to one another.  Trees, birds, flowers and animals from bugs to bears all exist in sizes that make sense.  In the past I have marveled at how the apple fits our hand so perfectly.  My heart was warmed as I was reminded that we live in a world that was designed and didn't "just happen".  It gives me confidence that the one who designed it all holds me in His hands as well.
 
Jeremiah 27:5 'I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are on the ground, by My great power and by My outstretched arm, and have given it to whom it seemed proper to Me.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment