Monday, April 7, 2008

Full treatment

This weekend we were out of town at a family wedding.  We stayed at a popular hotel and were pleased to find that they provided really comfortable mattresses, just like they advertised.  We slept great.  They also had a tray of samples for our cleansing and refreshing pleasure.  There was a tray next to the sink with four small plastic bottles for our use.  They were marked "Wash", "Tame", "Soften" and "Freshen".  Of course, the contents were four separate liquids provided to care for our hair, mouth and skin...but it struck me that these four ingredients are also what I need to live successfully each day.  I need to have my sinful nature tamed and my sins washed clean.  I need a nature that has been freshened by the Lord's presence and softened to care more for others than I do for myself.  I checked with my wife to make sure it was ok to take those samples, because, I like having them in front of me each morning as I look at myself in the mirror.  Just like my mouth, face and hair, my soul needs daily maintenance too!
 
Leviticus 14:29 The rest of the oil that is in the priest's hand he shall put on the head of him who is to be cleansed, to make atonement for him before the LORD.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment