Friday, June 6, 2008

low five

Last night several of us were playing tennis and taking turns also playing with my grandson Peter, who is 2 1/2.  He excitedly was chasing down tennis balls and throwing them over the net.  Just about everything excites and energizes Peter.  He loves to be active and to be a part of whatever is going on.  At one point, I saw his father give Peter a "high five" for retrieving the tennis ball.  A few minutes later, after I caught a ball Peter threw, my heart was touched when he said "Good job, Grandpa" and held up his hand to give me a "high five" (he also clapped when Grandma caught the ball).  I'm glad he's learning to be an encourager.  Of all the qualities we can have, I think the gift of encouragement is one of the greatest.  Certainly the Lord knows we have need of encouragement.  I like to think that the Lord sees our struggle and our efforts to stay afloat and reaches down to encourage us (the ultimate "High Five".)
 
Colossians 2:2 "that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment