Monday, July 28, 2008

the difference maker

1 Peter 3:8-9 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.

 

2 Corinthians 12:8-9 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.  And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

 

We'd like to think we're making a difference...a difference in our neighborhood, on the job, with our families.  We'd like to think that our personal goals and ambitions will achieve the ultimate satisfactions that our hopes desire.  The scriptures I read this morning (above) reminded me that there is another "difference maker" and His plan for my life is the important one.  He knows that when we don't react to hatred or mistreatment as the world expects us to, we begin to show the world that it is possible to rely on another source of strength than ourselves.  We begin to point toward our Heavenly Father.  This Difference Maker doesn't always answer our prayers the way we want, or eliminate every thorn in our flesh.  I began to see that life isn't all about our personal success or satisfaction, it's about pointing to the Lord and giving Him the opportunity to "show up" in our lives.  Our weaknesses are a showcase for Him and his strength.  The world doesn't need to discover "me" it needs to discover "Him".

 

blessings,

Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment