Friday, July 25, 2008

I saw an eagle

I was reading my daily devotional down by the pond this morning, comtemplating a thought for the day when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw motion in the sky.  I looked up and spied a bald eagle swoop down about 100 yards in front of me and brush the water with his talons to fish for his breakfast.  His head and tail feathers were bright white and his body pitch black.  It was the first time I've seen a bald eagle in the wild and so whatever I was going to write for today's thought has been replaced with this observation.  To see an eagle in its habitat is to behold a wonder of God!

 

Proverbs 30:18-19 There are three things which are too wonderful for me, Yea, four which I know not: The way of an eagle in the air; The way of a serpent upon a rock; The way of a ship in the midst of the sea; And the way of a man with a maiden.

 

blessings,

Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment