Sunday, July 13, 2008

identify theft

In this age of easy access to information, it has become too simple for unscrupulous individuals to determine confidential information about you.  Just this past week, the IRS published a notice that scams are being run surrounding tax rebates and economic stimulus checks.  About 700 reported instances of identity theft were reported in May and June in connection with this problem.  It occurred to me that, regardless of how advanced technology becomes, and despite the pervasive issue of human corruption, our identity in Christ cannot be stolen.  It is at the same time the most personal of our identifying features and the most public.  Should someone attempt to steal our identity in Christ, I think we'd offer to share it.  Should someone attempt to erase our identity in Christ, our Lord will protect it and there is no way to "hack into" His divine security system.
 
John 10:27-30 "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment