Thursday, July 3, 2008

inspiration, motivation, perspiration

I had to thank my wife this morning.  Somehow she activated both of us to do a thorough cleaning and reorganizing of our garage last night.  Normally this would be a weekend project.  But we attacked it after dinner and between moving stuff to the basement, throwing stuff out and shifting stuff around, we ended up with a lot more room and a tidier appearance.  This morning I thanked Shirley for providing the three things needed for any job: "inspiration, motivation and perspiration".  She inspired me with thoughts of improved access, motivated me by taking the lead and heading for the garage door first, and shared perspiration with me as we lifted, sifted and shifted stuff.  I think every meaningful task calls for those elements.  We need to visualize the benefits before they are achieved, fire up our energy to take on the task, when it is most daunting at the beginning, and sacrifice time and energy to see the task through to completion.  Inspiration, Motivation, Perspiration...I think these also relate to the challenge we have to come after the Lord and realize all He has for us and all He has through us.

 

2 Corinthians 8:10 And in this I give advice: It is to your advantage not only to be doing what you began and were desiring to do a year ago; 11 but now you also must complete the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to desire it, so there also may be a completion out of what you have. 12 For if there is first a willing mind, it is accepted according to what one has, and not according to what he does not have.

 

blessings,

Rob Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment