Wednesday, August 13, 2008

fruit on the bottom

Recently I've become a fan of eating yogurt...you know those small cups filled with white creamy stuff.  They seem like a good way to eat a lighter lunch.  I've tried a few different kinds but my favorite ones have real fruit on the bottom of the container.  The first thing you do after peeling back the cover is stir the fruit up and mix it into the yogurt.  The strawberries, raspberries or blueberries color the whole mix and the flavor of the plain white yogurt is completely changed.  I also like the texture of the real fruit.  I think it improves the plain creaminess of yogurt.  I think we can be like "fruit on the bottom" yogurt.  The Lord has gifted each of us spiritually and blessed us with His Holy Spirit.  Unfortunately we can allow the fruit of His spirit to remain "on the bottom".  If we dig a little bit the fruits of the spirit will permeate us and create a much more appealing flavor!
 
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment