Tuesday, August 5, 2008

the smell of corn

If I say, "Picture the smell of a field of corn" I bet you can imagine that subtle aroma.  If I say "Put the smell of corn into words" I bet you'd be hard pressed to accurately describe it.  The smell of corn is a specific experience that is common to all and yet there is no language to capture it.  When we invite the Lord Jesus to come into our life He does just that.  He fills our heart with a feeling that words cannot capture.  If you have opened your life's door to Jesus, you know exactly what I'm saying.  There are many who cannot relate to this sensation because they've not yet asked the Lord into their life.  In a sense it would be like asking someone from the rice paddies of Viet Nam to picture the smell of a field of corn, when all they'd ever known was rice.  Just as the smell of corn is specific and knowable, so the presence of the Lord in our lives is specific and knowable.  He affects our mind, heart and body and awakens our spiritual identify.
 
If I say, "Picture the presence of Jesus in your life" I hope you can imagine that subtle aroma!
 
Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life;
         In Your presence is fullness of joy;
         At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment