Wednesday, September 17, 2008

everyman's frontier

Each day we venture into new territory...not as wild as Alaska, perhaps, but none of us has ever been the age we are today, at the current stage of living we find ourselves.  I used to think that "old folks" had it all together because they'd weathered all of life's storms and seemed to have made it through successfully.  I now know, as I am becoming one of those older folks, that every day presents far more "unknown and new" than "old and familiar".  In a very real sense we have never been to the place we find ourselves each day.  From the changing conditions of our own bodies, to the dynamics of change in relationships with children, grandchildren and friends, who are also changing, we live in a dynamic process.  I think it is because of the constant quality of change and uncertainty that we need to be lashed securely to the Rock of Ages.  Secure with Jesus, I am comfortable to live in life's frontier of change.
 
Psalm 59:16 But I will sing of Your power;
         Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;
         For You have been my defense
         And refuge in the day of my trouble.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment