Wednesday, September 10, 2008

our closest relationship

Isaiah 59:12 For our transgressions are multiplied before You,
      And our sins testify against us;
      For our transgressions are with us,
      And as for our iniquities, we know them
 
Nearer than any relationship with others is the relationship we have with ourselves.  This morning the passage above reminded me that when I wander from the Lord and when I sin I choose to have a relationship that constantly carries the weight of that load.  There is some part of my heart and mind that never loses awareness of the separation from the Lord.  We may have freedom to choose our path and others may not be aware when our choices are poor...but we know and we cannot escape the twisted feeling inside that results from those choices.  I am struck with the thought that there is no "neutral" walk.  We walk in line and in alignment with our Lord, or we walk our own way.  What peace we have in our relationship with ourselves when our relationship with our Lord is right!
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment