Monday, October 6, 2008

just you and me

I remember those first days of marriage.  Some of the most touching memories are the special feelings of no longer being alone.  I had met Shirley while out of state in school and continued our relationship long distance while in the Navy.  We really hadn't spent much time together until we married.  Standing next to her in church I felt strength and completeness, just worshiping together.  Even grocery shopping was fun...going down the aisles and picking out the food we'd share.  This morning, while out on a stroll, it occurred to me that the Lord longs to have "just you and me" time also.  He loved the whole world so much that He gave His Son so that He could have a "one on one" bond with us.  As I walked and talked with the Lord this morning, I realized that I feel a lot stronger and "whole" somehow by taking some special time just to be with Him.  It helped that it was still dark out because our conversation had fewer distractions.  I would encourage you to have some "you and me time" with the Lord today!
 
2 Chronicles 6:14 And said, O LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee in the heaven, nor in the earth; which keepest covenant, and shewest mercy unto thy servants, that walk before thee with all their hearts
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment