Thursday, November 13, 2008

Complete in Him

Colossians 2:6-7, 9-10 As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,  rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

I suspect that we often go through our days carrying a sense that "something is missing".  When we are young, especially, and the future looms large before us, there seem to be many roads we can choose to go down.  We are confused with choices and uncertain how to proceed to find fulfillment.  Even as we grow older we wonder how we ought to live, what we should be doing and what life may hold for us as the unknown future unrolls like a carpet, giving us one day of surface to walk upon at a time.  This morning I remembered that my anchor of certainty is Jesus.  Because I yielded to Him and asked Him into my life He has come in and resided with me for quite a while.  He is a quiet guest, often, but I sense that He longs for more of my interest and attention.  I also was reminded this morning that He completes me.  When I am unsure of which direction to turn I know there is always one correct answer: to turn toward Him.  I remember that when one of our daughters was growing up she'd reach for the familiar touch of her belly button whenever she was feeling anxious or uncertain.  I need to reach for Jesus in a similar way!

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment