Thursday, November 20, 2008

designed for a load

I'll never forget how much fun it was to drive a compact pickup truck.  For nine years one of those trusty vehicles was my transportation provider as I commuted to the shipyard in Newport News.  It was so practical because on weekends I could haul a load of mulch and deliver my trash to the landfill.  I remember squeezing my girls in and zipping over to the elementary school to the playground.  One thing I noticed is that the truck actually handled better and rode smoother when I was carrying a load.  I realized that the truck was basically a work vehicle and the springs and suspension were designed to operate under load.  The ironic thing is that I rarely carried the load it was built to haul.  It occurred to me that we are also designed to carry a load.  The Lord has saved us, who have invited Jesus into our lives, to be "pickup trucks for Him".  We find that the quality of our personal devotions, the extent of our personal growth and the sense of life satisfaction are greatest when we He is at the wheel and we are carrying precious cargo He has placed in our lives.  Just like the pickup truck, we handle better under a proper load.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment