Wednesday, April 15, 2009

good day guarantee

It seems that the universal greeting or expression that you hear as you do business almost anywhere is "Have a good day."  I hear this from total strangers daily as I buy groceries, pay for dry cleaning, or pick up something from the local 7-11.  It is a pleasant thing to hear and certainly a safe thing to say...but how does one go about "having a good day"?  Doesn't it seem as if the "goodness" of a day comes often from forces and circumstances beyond our control?  And how can we know just how the day will play out?  This morning, after spending some time in the Psalms, I realized that there is one way that I can be sure of having a good day, before I have even left the house.  If I begin my day satisfied that I have heard from the Lord and convinced that He sees me and hears me I know that all will be well regardless of the situations, circumstances and events of the day ahead.  If I am well in Him I will be well regardless of the things I can't control and I will tend to get beyond focusing on myself and begin to think of others who don't have this freedom...surely that will lead to a good day (or a better one than if I remain in my own strength alone).
 
Psalm 41:12 (Message Version) You know me inside and out, you hold me together,  you never fail to stand me tall in your presence so I can look you in the eye.
 
blessings (Have a good day, knowing He knows you!)
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment