Monday, April 27, 2009

perfect in every way

you are a man and you have had the experience, as I have, of being married for some time than you may be able to relate to this thought.  It occurs to me that I spend part of every day with the same person.  She's certainly a different person than me, but we decided a long time ago to go down the same paths together.  We are real close in just about every way imaginable, but there's still acres of difference between us.  I'm attracted to her on several levels, none of which I fully understand but all of which I appreciate.  I used to think that I wanted her...then I gradually realized I needed her...now I have a hard time knowing where I end and she starts.  If, for some reason, she and I are apart for a night or two part of me likes the freedom but the other part gets lonely in a hurry.  I'm beginning to think that she is every thing I'm not and so I've come to the conclusion that she is perfect in every way.  It's not that she's absolutely perfect...just like I'm not anywhere close to perfect.  But there is no question that she is perfect for me.  I may be the engine in the boat, but she makes the trip worthwhile.  (I suspect you can relate if you're a man who's been married for any length of time out there). 
 
Genesis 2:20 (New Living Bible) He gave names to all the livestock, all the birds of the sky, and all the wild animals. But still there was no helper just right for him.
 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the Lord God took out one of the man's ribs and closed up the opening. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man.
 23 "At last!" the man exclaimed.
   "This one is bone from my bone,
      and flesh from my flesh!
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment