Friday, May 15, 2009

more proof

Genesis 1:11 Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth"; and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
 
This morning, as I strolled, I looked deep into the woods off to the side of my path.  I caught a glimpse of a gorgeous clump of mountain laurel.  It stood out like like a shiny dime on a church carpet.  I thought to myself.  "Isn't that interesting.  God put some beautiful flowers in a place where hardly anyone would see them."  Then I realized that He actually has put most flowers in places where people don't normally see them.  In fact He came up with the whole idea of flowers.  And then I remembered that there were a whole lot of things that were "good" before God made man.  It struck me that God is a nature lover...that He actually made this world for His own appreciation.  He allows us to also live in this lovely garden to share the beauty, as well.  I think that the presence of mountain laurel in remote woods is clearly more proof that God exists.  (Why else would it be there?)
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment