Thursday, July 30, 2009

Under video security

This morning I found my way to a gravel road that winds through about two miles of thick woods, with prominent hunt club signage nailed to numerous trees.  A few of the trees had an extra warning in red: "UNDER VIDEO SECURITY".  I found it a little startling to consider that someone was sitting in a booth somewhere in the woods watching me crunch across the unpaved, although public, road as I sought some quiet time with the Lord.  Later, as I was reading the prophet Jeremiah the last verse of Chapter 13 stood out to me:
                                              27 I have seen your adulteries
                                      And your lustful neighings,
                                     The lewdness of your harlotry,
                                     Your abominations on the hills in the fields.
                                     Woe to you, O Jerusalem!
                                     Will you still not be made clean?"
 
I realized that the people of Jerusalem seemed to forget that God saw everything they did...good and bad.  This was despite the many great works God had done for them.  It was good to be reminded today that, even though I may find myself deep in the woods, there is more than video security watching my every move. (But I think that's a good thing!)
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment