Wednesday, September 9, 2009

still waters

Under a bright sun, still waters reflect everything above almost perfectly.  This morning I sat next to a local pond that was very still (until two otters suddenly broke the surface with their round heads and caused ripples).  The still pond was like a shiny breakfast plate offering a feast for the Lord to enjoy as He looked down.  I feel it calming to sit next to still waters...they seem to promote peace.  I thought about the still waters that the Lord leads me to...still waters of His presence, of His forgiveness, of His sovereign power and I felt secure in Him.  I realized that when I allow the Lord to lead me into still waters, my life can be like a morning pond that reflects His nature upward to heaven, itself.  I believe that we find His intimate presence in that process.
 
Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd;
         I shall not want.
 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
         He leads me beside the still waters.
 3 He restores my soul;
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment