Monday, November 16, 2009

Sybille Campbell's gratitude for Veterans

 

Sir, I would like to thank you for what you did for our country.  I spoke this tribute to an army veteran years ago when I was on vacation with my family.  A group of Army veterans were having a reunion and were staying in the same hotel.

 

 

 

My father and father-in-law,  who are both now deceased, were World War II veterans, and both earned a purple heart.  It is hard to describe the pride and gratefulness that I feel when I stop to think about the tremendous gift of freedom that all of our Veterans fought to defend. I get teary eyed when hearing or singing a patriotic song.  One of the most emotional memories that I have is standing at the first Jacksonville Jaguars game after 9-11.  As usual the national anthem was sung and fighter jets flew over just as the singer finished.  I still get chills up and down my spine remembering that day.

 

Thoughts of gratitude for our veterans by Sybille Campbell on Veteran's Day 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment