Sunday, December 27, 2009

He thinks of you

Psalm 139:17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
         How great is the sum of them!
 18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
         When I awake, I am still with You.
 
Daily Bible reading took me through Psalm 139 today.  I was struck with Verses 17 & 18 (above).  I was overwhelmed considering the reality that God might have more specific thoughts regarding my life than the grains of sand on the beaches of the world.  I don't think God has a problem with inadequate computer memory.  Just to think that He has this kind of awareness and involvement with each of us is one of those God-facts that is beyond comprehension.  By contrast, even though I have only one God to think about there can be large blocks of time when I have no thoughts of Him at all.  But as we do contemplate Him and reflect on His reality and His truth, we seem to find that our thoughts of Him increase and our awareness of Him draws us nearer.  Aren't you glad that He is this involved in our lives?  Don't you long to have more thoughts of Him that you might be closer to HIm? 
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment